OK, my sunny outlook (note Monday’s post) has left the building.
Here are a few things I’ve got against this day:
1. More goddamn gray skies and rain.
2. We just found out our tenant — a fabulous guy who’s been renting from us since M. was a newborn — is leaving. Crap. Now we have to find someone else, and I doubt anyone will be able to measure up to him.
3. I think the skinny jeans I talked myself into in Austin may have been a bad idea after all.
4. I have absolutely no clue what to do with the rest of my life, and I am holding this day personally responsible for it. (Ideas welcome, by the way! I can sort of write and edit, I like to travel, and I just planned a successful event for about 5,000 people. This translates into…?)
5. There is not one mother-effing chocolate chip cookie to be found anywhere in this house and I ate the last holdout piece of the kids’ Easter candy yesterday.
One bright spot: this photo of M. It says a lot about her — always looking for another opportunity to stick her tongue out at a mommy! — and it makes me smile, even when I’m feeling down on Wednesday.