Things are moving into full swing around here now that it’s December:
* the Christmas cards are here and ready to be addressed.
* the tree is en route in the mail (yep, we order it for delivery to our home).
* the kids have been to see Santa at Macy’s (surprisingly manageable, really).
* the stockings and decorations, including Groovy Dancing Santa, have been unearthed from the depths of the storage space (thanks, babe!).
* I’m getting ready to make a personalized Santa video for the kids via PNP, Portable North Pole. We did this last year and it *blew* their minds. (It is very cool.)
* and the holiday bake-fest is on.
So far we’ve made:
* chocolate chip cookies with sea salt (both salty finds via This Homemade Life). Couldn’t decide which chips would be best to use, so I divided the batter into three batches and tried semi-sweet, milk, and butterscotch. After serious methodical sampling — hey, somebody had to do it — I have to say I liked the milk chocolate the best. The salt is a great foil for the sweeter chocolate.
* this super-awesome gingerbread cake with lemon curd and whipped cream. Made the house smell great! And the kids loved it. Via the December Bon Appetit.
Happy Holiday Prep, mamas!